Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

It seems I am making more headway with Redpepper's husband's parents. I just got off the phone with his stepdad. I am watching Redepper's son Wednesday night so I am taking him to see the naval ship lighting competition in our neighbourhood. I remembered her husband's stepdad mentioning he'd like to see them, so now we are meeting to take their son together. Her husband's parents are inspirational. I'm looking forward to showing them a bit of my own history, as I have sailed on most of the ships down there.

Feeling great!
Mono

Last night Redpepper and I decorated an Xmas tree she gave me. It marks the first Xmas with her, as well as the first one in my new place. It's a milestone in our relationship as we approach our 1 year anniversary. Last year I spent Xmas alone, but very happy in my self discoveries on the other side of self destruction. This year will be a holiday season I'll never forget, as I have experienced so much, changed more and shared more than I ever thought possible.

To still be with Redpepper and gaining chosen family is the greatest gift of all. :)

Peace and love,
Mono

Thanks, Mark! Hope you and yours are flourishing this season as well, my friend. Take care!

Peace and love,
Mono

Another step towards acceptance

After work, I met Redpepper downtown for her staff Secret Santa dinner. Her hubby was working, so I filled "The Space Between" Heehee, inside joke. Most of her co-workers already know about our dynamic and have met me. Some of their spouses are less familiar with the whole thing. For a brief moment I felt a little out of place, but then conversations began flowing and we all simply "were." I then left them to finish their meal to pick up her son from his school. The faculty there know me and I’m sure are curious. They see the relationship her son and I have.

He and I returned to the restaurant and we all sat as a family. He went between Redpepper’s knee and mine and her co-workers and spouses got to see the dynamic between us. Redpepper and I are more affectionate in front of him now and he just smiles in the manner of children. Everyone at that table undoubtedly has their own opinion and take of what we are all about, but I think they all would have to agree that we are happy and healthy.

It was a good step forward in normalizing this type of dynamic to a group of people who will probably talk to other friends about us. This is my form of contributing to the acceptance of polyamory within society. Not through speeches and debates, but through setting an example, one that is visible, real, ongoing and once witnessed, hard to refute.

Thanks for inviting me, Lilo. I love you more.

On Sunday, the chosen family and I joined people from the poly community for a family day of skating, swimming and potlucking! It was nice to see families get together and share a bit of stuff beyond the nature of relationships. Everyone had a good time and friendships were deepened a little, I think. We try to participate as much as possible, especially when things are family orientated, as it follows the path that we look for in our future. It's great to see other working examples of something we have and want to develop in the future.

Yesterday our family gathered by the ocean to watch the winter solstice sunrise, which has become a tradition for Redpepper. We then sat in the car (it was windy and somewhat rainy) and discussed what we were all going to try to actualize in the new year.

Now, Redpepper, her family and I are gearing up for our first Christmas together! We have decided to make this season about enjoying what makes us happy, which is being together with friends. Tonight Redpepper and I will do some baking for a Christmas Eve open house at their place, where we will get to share some time with friends from all over.

It will be a much different Christmas for all of us, I think, and her son is probably looking forward to an additional source of Christmas generosity LOL!

Peace and love,
Mono

My 1st Christmas with my Chosen Family turned out to be amazing! Christmas Eve was filled with friends and family and way too much food! This was the first time I got see Redpepper's husband and his boyfriend together. It reminded me that he too gets something from all of our relationships.

Her son seemed to love being surrounded by people who care for him. I think he said it was his best Christmas ever.

Relaxed was the key word. Relaxed, with a healthy dose of a love.

Next up-- first anniversary on 7th January, 2010! What a wild year filled with new friends and family. :)

Thanks, Lilo. I love you.

To the rest of you this might sound silly, but for me it was important. I'm in my 1st poly relationship. Right now, it's a dyad, but we're both open to any and all possibilities. So last night, I asked JustChristine if she would like to go to a poly happy hour in our area in 2 weeks, and she agreed. No big deal, right? But for some reason, I was still very nervous about asking. It could be because I'm still not used to being in a poly relationship, so asking about these things is still weird to me. I don't know. This is going to be our 1st poly event, and while I'm nervous about it, I know she'll be there with me, and that makes me smile. :D

To the rest of you this might sound silly, but for me it was important. I'm in my 1st poly relationship. Right now it's a dyad, but we're both open to any and all possibilities. So last night, i asked JustChristine if she would like to go to a Poly Happy Hour in our area in 2 weeks, and she agreed. No big deal, right? But for some reason, i was still very nervous about asking. It could be because i'm still not used to being in a poly relationship, so asking about these things is still weird to me. i don't know. This is going to be our 1st poly event, and while i'm nervous about it, i know she'll be there with me, and that makes me smile.

That's awesome, Jonny! Keep us posted.

I didn't dump him today. HAHAHAHA oooo... :p
OK, did I take this wrong or are you kinda like me? D'oh. Mine made it through yet another holiday season with me too. It's been wonderful.

Mono, thank you for sharing your journey here in this thread! I continue to look forward to your and Redpepper's musings.

A good perspective

Mono, it's so good to hear your story. I agree that we seem to focus on the problems and the drama and our differences. It's nice once in a while to step back and realise that a lot of us are in a very happy place with our respective poly, and that it's not all doom and gloom.

This will be the second New Years since C came into our lives, and I don't think I have ever been happier with a poly relationship than I am now. I feel that we make a great team, supporting each other through life's challenges, and celebrating our accomplishments. I have other poly friends around me who are also enjoying their poly network.

To those that aren't feeling too happy right now, I hope that 2010 brings you, at the very least, a taste of contentment and a feeling that you are on the right path.

Go, Jonny! I'm so happy for you. I'm so glad to hear you sharing too. You have lots to offer, my friend.

It's great to just live the life, isn't it? Live and just be an example. It's hard to do that on a forum, as it's all talk, really. But in real life I feel like such a good example of what is spoken about often on here.

Happy new year, everyone. Here's to a good year!

Back