What is the weirdest thing you think is hot?

thistle

I had to think on this one, so that I could pick my weirdest one.
Being pagans, every year my hubby becomes the Green Man, complete with black eyeliner, green face paint, and a crown of ivy with antlers.

Maybe it's the make-up, maybe it's because once a year I get to have sex with a god :)

Spork

I like men who play bass. Because...strong hands.

I was waiting through an opening band that I wasn't wild about at a show last fall...I'd seen 3 dates on the tour, so I'd seen this act before...and while I'd kind of admired a couple of the guys in the band who were good looking, and noted that the bass player really wasn't, that last night I found myself staring at his hands. Oh my...all that slap and finger action going on...mm hm.

dreaming

Is it so weird?

She was checking me out.

That's it, that's all it took. I was on it.

Today I hit on a woman who works in the county court house. She looked like anyone else there just doing their work and minding their own business, I would have never looked twice. But she was checking me out.

So now I'm looking and I'm thinking, she could be really wild in bed. She wasn't glamorous or made up, didn't look like a model or a classy dresser or anything you would consider "trying to attract".

She was simply natural, less than plain almost to a point. She did wear a headband, (maybe unusual, no one else had one) long waffled hair, long skirt and those shoes, kind of looked like black construction boots or something. Nothing sexy at all.

But there was something. I think it was the fact that I caught her looking at me.

So I waver her over and she did a kind of like "who me?" So from behind the glass I motioned yeah, come here.

She came through the secured door and we chatted, then I asked her to lunch and she replied, "I'm married, and I don't think my husband will like that".

I said, you never know, he might be OK with that. There's no harm in asking, It was nice meeting you and I'll be sure to say hi the next time I'm in the building.

I never do this kind of thing, but I did however watch 50 Shades of Grey last night.

That's probably what did it, I need to watch stuff like that more often, it felt pretty good.

Spork

Oh, dear...

Are you aware of the way that most actual practitioners of BDSM view 50 Shades? It's...not so good...

lol!

But right on ya for taking the initiative! Always gotta figure even if nothing results, you've perhaps made her feel more attractive and good about herself that day, and how nice is that?? Very nice.

:cool:

dreaming

Spork:

Yes I am aware of that, but if you've seen the movie he is a bit aggressive with her, isn't he?

Not to get off topic but catching her looking at me was enough to turn me on.

I'm so easy!

Spork

Spork:

Yes I am aware of that, but if you've seen the movie he is a bit aggressive with her, isn't he?

Not to get off topic but catching her looking at me was enough to turn me on.

I'm so easy!

I think that the main complaint from the community is that the film tramples all over the concept of informed consent, and portrays a relationship that is in fact somewhat abusive and mentally unhealthy. The BDSM practitioners that I know are among the most sane, smart, respectful, and self-aware people I've ever known...not to say we don't have our bad apples in the barrel, but people who participate in the community really do their best not to be. Because of the social nature of it...if you cross boundaries and violate others, word gets out and you can't come to the parties any more. Before long everyone knows what you did and the only way you can get anyone to play with you is to prey on new folks...which only worsens your reputation.

Now take into consideration that this is your dating pool, and your relationships are likely to exist within this social group in general...and people have a strong incentive to treat one another well. Even if they are beating and humiliating them. And to minimize drama at all possible levels. No one wants to be the one that everybody is saying bad things about, and everybody talks about everybody. It is both a danger and a failsafe, depending on how well you deal with other human beings and relationships.

I confess that I haven't read the book or seen the film. My Mom saw the movie and she said that it was boring and her sex life or mine would make a more interesting story.

Ravenscroft

Banned
the film tramples all over the concept of informed consent, and portrays a relationship that is in fact somewhat abusive and mentally unhealthy.
Yep -- totally. In many ways just rehashing a subgenre, simultaneously titillating the masses & making 'em feel somehow superior for being "not like that." For instance,
  • 1986: 9½ Weeks
  • 1993: Body of Evidence
  • 2002: Secretary (which actually I kinda enjoyed)
But, heck, if it inspired a bit of healthy brashness, cool.:)

Evie

James Spader.

Oh hell yes.

Now I have to hire a secretary starting this month. One must learn to compartmentalize. But, having said that, I do not want to think about that movie at any point over the next month. I didn't think I'd be at this career state when I saw it. Think happy corporate America thoughts, Once...productivity, efficiency, Maggie Gyllenhall...oops. Ok, mind erasure starting in 3....2...1...

Last edited:

Spork

James Spader.

Oh hell yes.

Funny story. A couple weeks ago, I was shooting pool (with my monthly Ladies' League) and afterwards had plans to attend a play party at the BDSM club. (how topical!) and it was also my Sadist's birthday, so I wanted to hurry the heck up and get out of there.

To lend an additional smidge of urgency, I had STUPIDLY stopped at the store to get potluck treats/birthday treats for the party, prior to shooting pool, and I didn't realize that buying three containers of expensive gelato was freaking moronic until I was pulling out of the parking lot. Because duh, it wasn't very cold out and I still had to go shoot pool before the party. *sigh*

So there I was. And I had to shoot one of the last matches, and it was 8:00, the party started an hour ago, and my opponent was drunk. She got up to take a shot, but somehow started talking about how sexy James Spader was, and I'm sitting there kind of tapping my foot like, "hurry up and SHOOT for heaven's sakes, I gotta GO" and she's on and on about this guy and trying to remember everything he's been in.

-.-

So...long story short, James Spader made me late to the party, and melted my gelato once... lol!

vinsanity0

I think that the main complaint from the community is that the film tramples all over the concept of informed consent, and portrays a relationship that is in fact somewhat abusive and mentally unhealthy. The BDSM practitioners that I know are among the most sane, smart, respectful, and self-aware people I've ever known...not to say we don't have our bad apples in the barrel, but people who participate in the community really do their best not to be. Because of the social nature of it...if you cross boundaries and violate others, word gets out and you can't come to the parties any more. Before long everyone knows what you did and the only way you can get anyone to play with you is to prey on new folks...which only worsens your reputation.

Now take into consideration that this is your dating pool, and your relationships are likely to exist within this social group in general...and people have a strong incentive to treat one another well. Even if they are beating and humiliating them. And to minimize drama at all possible levels. No one wants to be the one that everybody is saying bad things about, and everybody talks about everybody. It is both a danger and a failsafe, depending on how well you deal with other human beings and relationships.

I confess that I haven't read the book or seen the film. My Mom saw the movie and she said that it was boring and her sex life or mine would make a more interesting story.

In my little corner of the community we saw Anastasia as the villian.

Spork

In my little corner of the community we saw Anastasia as the villian.

See, I can't say things like that because I've not seen it or read the books. But I feel like, when SO many people I know tell me they wish they had that bit of their life back, no point in wasting my own time...

Especially when there are much better ways to spend it.

Another thing I find to be very sexy, beautiful eyes. I know it's not that weird, but a person can be otherwise not attractive at all, and if they have a captivating gaze, it can completely redeem their looks in my opinion.

In TV and film, I like two kinds...either characters who are aggressively confident (such as pretty much anyone who has ever played the role of the Devil in a movie, or the Goblin King from Labyrinth)...that Dominant and commanding, "I will have what I want" attitude...OR the nerdy brainy character, such as Spock, Data, or any role played by Jeff Goldblum.

So. A cocky, nerdy, brilliant bass player with pretty eyes and strong, cruel hands. And a good bite. *sigh*

Perrey

Things I find attractive...

Shoulders. (No idea where that started or why... I am sure Freud would have a field day with that one)

Awkward/Geeky/Nerdy/Intelligent types. (Have the periodic table memorized? That is hawt.)

River

Awkward/Geeky/Nerdy/Intelligent types. (Have the periodic table memorized? That is hawt.)

We live far too far apart for this to matter much, but thought I'd rank myself on the AGNI Scale (which we just invented together -- pronounced just like it looks!).

The AGNI scale measures four axes of hawtness: awkwardness, geekiness, nerdiness and intelligence. The highest possible AGNI score is 40, being a 10 on each of the four axes.

My AGNI score is...

Awkwardness 5
Geekiness 5
Nerdiness 5
Intelligence 8.5

Total: 23.5

This is not a scientific analysis, since it is based entirely on self-reporting. For a fuller and more accurate analysis please consult a random assortment 20 of my friends, acquaintances and associates. Average the results between them and myself.

I may score much higher than I imagine! Lucky me! :)

Spork

Awkwardness: 3
Geekiness: 8.5
Nerdiness: 7.5
Intelligence: 7

So, funny thing...I mentioned, apparently for the first time, to my Sadist that I have not only played tabletop RPGs (Pathfinder primarily) but I used to LARP quite a bit. He said, "Ah, now see, I thought you were so cool, all friends with rock star musicians and that...now I find out what a geek you are. You are human to me, now." (He was kidding.)

I had to laugh because the "rock star musicians" I am friends with, are GWAR, and they are complete and total D&D nerds, or as the late singer described them, "D&D playing, bong hit puffing, art school dropouts." (To be fair, though, Dave did actually graduate art school. Though once he got kicked out of his dorm building for drawing weird noodly comic strips in sharpie marker all over every surface of a stairwell while up all night on an acid bender.)

But...I had to remind my dear older Sadist, is that the nerds and geeks are taking over. It is COOL now, to wear a D20 around your neck, or to possess your own anti electostatic discharge wrist band. Although one of my particular nerdisms (accounting...I actually enjoy doing taxes) might not EVER be cool.

Sadist was at a comic convention in Denver this weekend, from which I received regular text updates, and Analyst gifted me a lead Dragonlance figure of Caramon, and told me about the time he visited the home of Larry Elmore, after buying me fajitas...

Perrey

We live far too far apart for this to matter much, but thought I'd rank myself on the AGNI Scale (which we just invented together -- pronounced just like it looks!).

The AGNI scale measures four axes of hawtness: awkwardness, geekiness, nerdiness and intelligence. The highest possible AGNI score is 40, being a 10 on each of the four axes.

My AGNI score is...

Awkwardness 5
Geekiness 5
Nerdiness 5
Intelligence 8.5

Total: 23.5

This is not a scientific analysis, since it is based entirely on self-reporting. For a fuller and more accurate analysis please consult a random assortment 20 of my friends, acquaintances and associates. Average the results between them and myself.

I may score much higher than I imagine! Lucky me! :)

The AGNI? I like this. My score is below. All completely subjective but the scores feels about right. Especially the geeky/nerdy rating.

Awkwardness 8
Geekiness 9
Nerdiness 9
Intelligence 8

Total: 34

Awkwardness: 3
Geekiness: 8.5
Nerdiness: 7.5
Intelligence: 7

So, funny thing...I mentioned, apparently for the first time, to my Sadist that I have not only played tabletop RPGs (Pathfinder primarily) but I used to LARP quite a bit. He said, "Ah, now see, I thought you were so cool, all friends with rock star musicians and that...now I find out what a geek you are. You are human to me, now." (He was kidding.)

I had to laugh because the "rock star musicians" I am friends with, are GWAR, and they are complete and total D&D nerds, or as the late singer described them, "D&D playing, bong hit puffing, art school dropouts." (To be fair, though, Dave did actually graduate art school. Though once he got kicked out of his dorm building for drawing weird noodly comic strips in sharpie marker all over every surface of a stairwell while up all night on an acid bender.)

But...I had to remind my dear older Sadist, is that the nerds and geeks are taking over. It is COOL now, to wear a D20 around your neck, or to possess your own anti electostatic discharge wrist band. Although one of my particular nerdisms (accounting...I actually enjoy doing taxes) might not EVER be cool.

Sadist was at a comic convention in Denver this weekend, from which I received regular text updates, and Analyst gifted me a lead Dragonlance figure of Caramon, and told me about the time he visited the home of Larry Elmore, after buying me fajitas...

It is cool to be geeky/nerdy. Have to have cred though. I am an avid videogamer. I know! A woman gamer. Mostly RPGs. I also read voraciously and love sci fi/fantasy. Hence the AGNI preference.

Spork

The AGNI? I like this. My score is below. All completely subjective but the scores feels about right. Especially the geeky/nerdy rating.

Awkwardness 8
Geekiness 9
Nerdiness 9
Intelligence 8

Total: 34

It is cool to be geeky/nerdy. Have to have cred though. I am an avid videogamer. I know! A woman gamer. Mostly RPGs. I also read voraciously and love sci fi/fantasy. Hence the AGNI preference.

Yep!! I would not call myself an avid gamer. It comes and goes in my life. I like older games like Diablo I, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and The 7th Guest (which I have to run in a DOS shell just to get it to work.) I used to play WoW, but I dropped that habit when Pandaland came out. I'm that kind of gamer who doesn't actually give a damn about the storyline or roleplaying anything, I just want to roll dice and put arrows in stuff. I love to read, too. Big fan of Douglas Adams, Lovecraft, Jacqueline Carey, and Juliet Marillier. And Sci Fi/Fantasy? Yep, totally. I've been trying to force everyone to watch Red Dwarf lately. That's my geekery. My nerdisms are the accounting stuff and that I like to build computers for fun.

No I'm not talking about geeks and nerds who are posers with no cred. I'm talking about how it is actually cool now to BE a nerd or a geek. The people who work at Google, or Microsoft, the people who are innovating, the fact that my 14 year old can write code. I see it as a kind of progression that in at least many urban parts of the US, a kid can be a super nerd and be well liked. Jocks and cheerleaders don't have the monopoly on popularity they used to. Even in my high school, the gay art academy kids and the goths and punks and stoners and band nerds and debate geeks were coming together. All of those who think outside of society's neat little boxes.

And now that I am where I am in life...I'm LOVING the kink scene here, which is probably at least 90% geeks and nerds. With floggers. It's wonderful.

Perrey

Yep!! I would not call myself an avid gamer. It comes and goes in my life. I like older games like Diablo I, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and The 7th Guest (which I have to run in a DOS shell just to get it to work.) I used to play WoW, but I dropped that habit when Pandaland came out. I'm that kind of gamer who doesn't actually give a damn about the storyline or roleplaying anything, I just want to roll dice and put arrows in stuff. I love to read, too. Big fan of Douglas Adams, Lovecraft, Jacqueline Carey, and Juliet Marillier. And Sci Fi/Fantasy? Yep, totally. I've been trying to force everyone to watch Red Dwarf lately. That's my geekery. My nerdisms are the accounting stuff and that I like to build computers for fun.

No I'm not talking about geeks and nerds who are posers with no cred. I'm talking about how it is actually cool now to BE a nerd or a geek. The people who work at Google, or Microsoft, the people who are innovating, the fact that my 14 year old can write code. I see it as a kind of progression that in at least many urban parts of the US, a kid can be a super nerd and be well liked. Jocks and cheerleaders don't have the monopoly on popularity they used to. Even in my high school, the gay art academy kids and the goths and punks and stoners and band nerds and debate geeks were coming together. All of those who think outside of society's neat little boxes.

And now that I am where I am in life...I'm LOVING the kink scene here, which is probably at least 90% geeks and nerds. With floggers. It's wonderful.

I am an avid RPG gamer. Love Bioware and Bethesda. Favorite authors are Butcher, Rothfuss, Herne, Herbert, Heinlein, Asimov, and a smattering of a lot of others. I am also a big Whovian. Love me some Doctor Who. Thats what I try to people to watch. Have you seen Doctor Who? Also, Sherlock. Because brainy is the new sexy. Not to mention Benedict Cumberbatch. Wowsa.

Being a nerd/geek is total in right now. Everyone has a passion and that should be recognized and celebrated. I prefer to know and be with someone who has that passion that I can share and experience. It makes life more interesting.

River

Looking back now, I realize I had no firm grasp on what the four axes on the AGNI scale ... well..., are. I mean, how does one apply a number on a 1-10 scale to (e.g.) Geekiness if Geekiness is too ill-defined? (That's the most challenging of the four axes for me to discern.)

Awkwardness
Geekiness
Nerdiness
Intelligence

And how does one generalize Awkwardness? I'm not at all awkward with light spinner fishing gear on a river, but put a fly rod in my hands and my score shoots way up. I'm not socially awkward any more at a typical casual social gathering, but throw me in with a bunch of folks in black ties and formal wear ... holding a unique crystal glass for each of the types of drink they are snorting, snifting or sipping (champagne, brandy, merlot...) and I'm likely to score a full on 9.5.

I'm not so awkward with a gal in blue jeans and a t-shirt as one in a dress. Hmmm.

Okay, now you got me thinking about tomboys again! Mmmm! Gotta love 'em. ;)

Curious side note:

Agni is the Rigvedic (Indian) deity of fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agni

Last edited: