Why and how did you get into poly?

What type of poly origin did you have?

• I've always had poly tendencies and never really took to monogamy

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • I've always had poly tendencies and tried to be monogamous before

Votes: 93 38.0%
  • I fell in love with a poly person and have adapted to the lifestyle

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • I read or heard about someone else's poly experiences and thought it could work for me

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 23.7%

• Total voters

Magdlyn

Staff member
Long posts are common here! You're entirely welcome to post as much as you want. You can even start a blog and ramble to your heart's content, if you don't want advice at the moment.

I hear you say, "If only hubs and I had both had relationships starting and progressing at the same rate, things would have been easier." Of course, that's true, but of course, that almost never happens! It's super common for one partner to be doing great with their OSO(s), while the other partner might be suffering frustration or rejection. That's par for the course.

under_moonlight

Long posts are common here! You're entirely welcome to post as much as you want. You can even start a blog and ramble to your heart's content, if you don't want advice at the moment.

I hear you say, "If only hubs and I had both had relationships starting and progressing at the same rate, things would have been easier." Of course, that's true, but of course, that almost never happens! It's super common for one partner to be doing great with their OSO(s), while the other partner might be suffering frustration or rejection. That's par for the course.

I was looking at some of the blogs, and a few of them have given some insight for sure! For example, I've been feeling a bit sad that I didn't get to connect with my meta before her and my OSO moved, but one blog talked about how sometimes not getting to know your meta just happens which helped put me a little at ease. I think the blogs are a valuable resource to read, but I fear I don't yet have much else to express yet to run one myself.

I have seen that it's pretty standard unfortunately for sometimes one person in a relationship to be lacking an OSO, but it still sucks for sure. It's hard for me to comprehend because I've seen what a wonderful person my husband has grown into, and I just feel like he deserves the world. I keep telling myself he'll meet someone someday and I see him still growing on the regular, so I just hope its soon!

Thanks for the reply,
Moon