Covid-19

Really �� i wasn’t aware we had “wet markets” here in North America !

If your happy believing that then I’m ok with it, as long as you don’t assume its the truth, because that would be really concerning ��

You've never heard of a butcher?

Here's some more info. While the novel coronavirus may have got it's start in November, it was discovered in December. China shared the info in January. Trump waited until February to restrict travel from China. So this thought (which is disinformation from Trump) that China hid this for three or four months is false.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/i-m-going-keep-pushing-anthony-fauci-tries-make-white-house-listen-facts-pandemic

It is debatable as to why China waited nearly a month. Previously I stated it was because they wanted to protect their economy. That is mere speculation on my part. We do know they did take steps to try and contain it. It could easily have begun to be spread before it was even discovered. The idea of a travel ban for one country was reactionary. It followed no scientific logic. It assumed no people from other countries travel back and forth to China. It assumed, if they did, they never travel to the US. Then they initiated a ban for some other countries, but only for foreigners coming from those countries. The whole thing was quite ridiculous if you think about it. Quarantine is an all or nothing deal. Period.

You've never heard of a butcher?

Boston's Haymarket has been in operation on the waterfront since the 1600s. It sells fruit, vegetables and seafood fresh off the boats.

Things are strange here in Alberta. The 3 of us went out for a walk yesterday making sure we keep away from people. What surprised us was the amount of people walking in large groups, (unless they all live in the same house thats pretty inconsiderate). I saw some pictures on the BBC website with crowds of people sitting around in Hyde Park. :confused:

I'm wondering what part of social distancing people dont understand.

https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2020-03-11/coronavirus-china-wet-markets

This article is interesting. It's not wet markets (wet meaning, hosed down), per se, but the selling of live animals, some legally, some illegally harvested, that could be better regulated in China. However, open air markets sell healthy unprocessed foods/ingredients, which bring much fresher food and better health to the people that frequent them, and at much lower prices, which greatly benefits lower income families.

I don't get to Haymarket as often as I used to, and I really miss it! Veggies, fruit and fish cost about one quarter of what they do in the supermarket. It's incredible. Yummmm... And it was just so fun to go.

I think one the huge downsides in living in north America is we are cut off from the rest of the world. The percentage of people who listen to the world news, either CNN, BBC or FOX is is alarmingly low. The reality is most folks here have little concept on what is happening in the rest of the world, and tend to incorrectly assume that the US is the center of the world which it isn't.

Last edited:
Just been watching the BBC news and see that Boris has shut the whole of the UK down. It showed pictures of hundreds of people in Hyde Park in London on sunday afternoon having picnics and playing ball.

"Which part of say inside don't you understand"

I think one the huge downsides in living in north America is we are cut off from the rest of the world. The percentage of people who listen to the world news, either CNN, BBC or FOX is is alarmingly low. The reality is most folks here have little concept on what is happening in the rest of the world, and tend to incorrectly assume that the US is the center of the world which it isn't.

Do you guys get the same CNN and Fox that we do? Neither one is particularly good at world news. I'd venture to say there are a lot of Americans who watch no news at all.

In other news, our Florida governor refused to shut down our beaches during spring break. Now a bunch of kids are infected. He hasn't shut down the beaches, but he is enacting a mandatory quarantine for people who fly in from New York. They will face jail time if they don't comply. Everybody is free to drive here though...lol.

That Florida governor has an obviously addled mind.

I'd venture to say there are a lot of Americans who watch no news at all.

I would totally agree with you. Its sad that the world's largest economy and a highly influential nation has huge percentages of its population that are clueless what is happening around the world. I would suggest the BBC is by far the best news if your looking for a global perspective, yes its a little right wing, but most are.

The best world news is Al Jazeera.

I added the CNN go app to my phone last week. I found out there is an international CNN option, but it's not available on all devices, including mine. :rolleyes:

I kind of like CNN. I watch it a lot. It can be sensationalistic, but I take in the info with a grain of salt. I really like watching Gov Cuomo of NY State. His briefings are so much better than tRump's. :rolleyes: And I like Chris Cuomo and Anderson Cooper and Erin Burnett of CNN.

Politicians in Italy have been scolding people to stay inside as well... I have to wonder if the people out and about are thinking it's safe just because everyone else is staying home. Selfish much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfpY-9ykeo

Politicians in Italy have been scolding people to stay inside as well... I have to wonder if the people out and about are thinking it's safe just because everyone else is staying home. Selfish much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfpY-9ykeo

LOL...I think they are going a little overboard. There's nothing wrong with walking your dog or walking about for exercise. Just stay away from other people and don't touch anything.

I added the CNN go app to my phone last week. I found out there is an international CNN option, but it's not available on all devices, including mine. :rolleyes:

I kind of like CNN. I watch it a lot. It can be sensationalistic, but I take in the info with a grain of salt. I really like watching Gov Cuomo of NY State. His briefings are so much better than tRump's. :rolleyes: And I like Chris Cuomo and Anderson Cooper and Erin Burnett of CNN.

It is somewhat comforting to watch Cuomo even though it has nothing to do with me. At the same time it horrifies me that he seems to be the only sane government official.

The governor of Washington (State) seems to have his head screwed on straight.

First of all, we are okay.

Secondly, while our stores have some bare shelves, things have been pretty orderly here. We try to go as early as we can to get everything we can get in that one trip. Then go back a different day.

We have been avoiding watching the news in the last few days. It is becoming too much now and we feel like it's not healthy, because the news have reported misinformation. They are doing more harm than good.

Dr. Agus was on Howard Stern this week and what he said made much more sense than what is going on with the local and national news. If you don't know Dr. Agus, research him. He is a guy with a wealth of information and knows how to talk in a way to get the right information out and says it in a calm, easy way and doesn't talk fast. That doctor wants to make sure people have the right information. Dr. Agus said, based on what he knows about this virus, the pandemic will be over in the next couple of months. We all just have to be cautious with what we do.

We are hoping you are all okay and taking things as they come.

LOL...I think they are going a little overboard. There's nothing wrong with walking your dog or walking about for exercise. Just stay away from other people and don't touch anything.

Lol, I agree. The hairdresser thing cracked me up, though... in a "why the hell are people doing this, and good on him for giving them shit" type of way.

Back