Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

I wanna see the puppy!!

3:03 p.m., Wednesday the 27th

Taking (and uploading) pictures is not my jam, but I can attest to her cuteness. She has almost identical coloring to Eddie: light brown and white.

It turns out she just wants to run and play. Most of her time right now is spent in a caged area; she never cries when she's let out, she just has a ton of fun running and playing. Eventually the caged area will be discontinued; Snowbunny just wants to be sure she is completely potty trained. She's very young, eight weeks old I think. If she can just hang in there for a while, she will eventually get all of the freedom that she craves.

This last Sunday evening, I played a bot game (as Black versus the Chess engine set at 1300). I miraculously won, it wasn't an easy game. I captured a really cool checkmate at the end, involving my king, one of my pawns, and my one remaining rook. I'm probably lucky the game didn't end in a stalemate.

I've seen the puppy on Facebook, and can also attest to her cuteness!

There's a "insert image" button in the editing box (it's between the "insert link" and smilies). If you don't want take pictures, you can just download one from FB and upload it here.

2:06 p.m., Thursday the 28th

I tried multiple times to upload a couple of pictures of the puppy. All I get is an error message: "Oops! We ran into some problems." To be honest, this is exactly the reason why I don't include pictures in my posts. Sorry, I tried.

I got some help from Snowbunny; apparently the pictures were too big for what the forum software would allow. The program I use to open my pictures does not allow me to resize them, but SB found a program that does. They're still pretty big, obviously. But at least the forum software accepts them.

So cute! Thanks for the pet tax. 🥰

I didn’t know I was so persuasive! I would have asked for photos earlier. 😍😍😍😍

Good job! I've tried and failed before too. You are both cute.

4:31 p.m., Friday the 29th

It would have been helpful if the error message had said, "This photo was too large for the forum software." At least then I would have known what the problem was. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have put forth the extra effort if Eponine hadn't voted for it. I don't like pushing the technical limits of this website.

Having said that, Ginger (I think that's what we're going to call her) is uber-cute, and I started looking forward to sharing that. Which is one of the main reasons why the error message frustrated me. Oh well, I guess if there's a next time (and I hope there isn't), I'll know that the size of the photo is the first thing to check.

Glad you gave it another try and managed to upload the photos! I agree, it would be much better if the error message told you the actual problem, image size, wrong format, etc.

3:17 p.m., Tuesday the 26th

SB and Eddie had a training session today at the airport (1:00 to 2:00 p.m. I think), Eddie is learning to be a helper dog. Ginger (or Maize, we haven't decided yet) has still been whining sometimes, but not as much I don't think. Meanwhile, Rainee has been extra affectionate, as if needing some reassurance that she is still loved. She seems to know this puppy is also loved. At least that's my perception of the situation. Don't worry Rainee, there's enough love to go around!
I love that you are reassuring Rainee re: love!

1:32 p.m., Saturday the 30th

Rainee seems to be a little more reassured, though she is still being a bit extra affectionate. Ginger's pretty affectionate also, though she does get carried away sometimes with her love-bites. I guess she is going to be teething soon. She also loves to run and play. Today, SB gave Ginger a chewy dog treat. Ginger loved it. I went to pet her while she was chewing on it and she wiggled away, as if to say, "Hands off my treat!"

Eddie threw up a bunch of times yesterday and the day before. Brother-Husband and Snowbunny took him to the vet, and the vet kept him overnight for observation. SB and I will leave at about 3:15 p.m. to go pick him up. They gave him a bunch of fluids and an anti-nausea medication, and possibly a laxative. They think he ate something and that it is moving through him well enough -- they won't have to operate, thank gods.

BH was doing deliveries through Lowe's -- until recently when Lowe's outsourced that position and gave BH kind of a crappy offer instead. So BH looked around for another job, and found a good one at a local Toyota dealer (it's about ten minutes closer to where we live). I think he starts work there this coming Tuesday.

12:11 p.m., Sunday the 31st

We (BH, SB, and I) ate out last night, a rare treat in this age of Covid. The place was called Celtic ... something ... an Irish pub and restaurant. It was close. Close enough to walk ... but we were having some rain. I had the corned beef and cabbage, it was really good. SB and I had drinky-drinks, I had their Scotch ale which was really good. It took them a long time to bring our food, they said they were having computer problems so they gave us our first round of drinks for free. We'll probably go back there sometimes.

After dinner, we went to a Dairy Queen, and there was a Kelly Liquors in the same parking lot so we went there too. I got a Rumple Minze, and have been drinking some of that today. Ahhhh! BH and SB have been working out in the backyard today.

Eddie's platelets have gone down; we're not sure whether they're at a normal level for him. So he has another appointment this coming Tuesday, to check into that. He seems to be not barfing now, that is one of the good things. The vet gave us some special food to give him, that will be easy on his stomach.

1:11 p.m., Monday the 1st

BH and I went again to the same place yesterday, with his past coworker friend. Really good stuff. I think the place is called Quarter Celtic. I had a Reuben sandwich, it was really good, maybe next time I'll have their fish and chips. SB was not able to meet us there, she had some technical problems at her work (at home).

2:48 p.m., Tuesday the 2nd

Quarter Celtic Taproom, I believe, is the official name.

Last night, my sleep was disturbed multiple times by itching on my legs and feet. I can't tell if it was an insect bite -- Could a bug really have bitten me on both legs and feet? -- or some kind of rash, resulting from me being extra stressed-out about my pending Utah trip. Both the traveling and the dealing with my father and his wife are very stressful for me. It's a four-day trip, this coming Thursday thru this coming Sunday. I'll be glad when it's over with.

2:00 p.m., Wednesday the 3rd

Most of the itching has gone away, but the anxiety is still there. I leave for Utah tomorrow, I have to get up at 8:00 a.m. which for me is early. I feel bad about leaving Rainee for four days, I will ask SB to give her some extra affection. Rainee always wants to sleep with me, and I won't be there. Not what I want, but they want/need me in Utah.

1:23 p.m., Saturday the 6th

I am now in Utah, and have been here since Thursday afternoon. I have visited my father twice, and will visit him again today. He was doing better yesterday than the day before, but in general he's in pretty bad shape. My youngest sister visited him (along with me and my older brother) yesterday, and after the visit she said, "In the last week or two since I last saw him, he has aged fifteen years." She got pretty emotional at the end of the visit.

He has been super glad to see me, even when he was so sick he couldn't talk. I was only going to visit him one time, but considering how bad he's doing, I went along with his wife's suggestion that I visit him every day while I am here. Current estimates are that he has between three weeks and two months to live. So it's probably good I flew out here as soon as reasonably possible. He has pneumonia right now, and I can't tell whether he'll recover from that. He is on oxygen and has a feeding tube. The cancer has really changed things for him.

Really, the whole trip so far has been more pleasant than I was anticipating. My only complaint is that I miss Rainee, and that I can't be there for her. I can't tell her where I am, why I am here, or when I'll get back. I only hope she doesn't think I left because she did anything wrong, she is a totally wonderful cat and I love her dearly.

There are sores on my legs and feet where they were itching, it looks worse than it feels. Most of the itching is gone, and what little there still is, I try not to scratch it so I can heal.

Back