ladystuff

I've heard about Diva Cups but I'm one of those people who's favourite way of dealing with periods is not dealing with them. I was on Yasmin for years and it was great since it reduced my periods to about four days when they would last for nine and the cramping was virtually non-existent. Also I could predict down to the time and day of the week they would start. However I find they also made me get depressed really easily and anxious a lot more than I used to be and then in February I started getting this really heavy spotting before my periods. I still don't know if this is because of the pill though the doctor said it probably was but it still happens just not as badly. Has anyone had this happen ever?

ok does anyone have any natural ways to lessen cramps? or migraines that come with your cycle? I have to find something the doctor can give me to make this better. I feel like I'm dying

I (and many of my friends) use cloth pads, and over time, we have found our cycles to be lighter and/or shorter, and with less cramps.

I tried the Diva cup and didn't care for it... my cervix is too far forward and it slips. I've been using Instead cups (shaped more like a diaphragm) for years and love them... but they are not reusable or recyclable, which sucks. The best thing about them, though, is that they can be emptied without removal (which might make it an option for those with extra-heavy flow).

Go figure, new member of the board and the first thread I post in is this one.

Diva Cup

My husband and I watched a few videos on You Tube last night talking about and showing demonstrations on the Diva Cup. I think I might just give it a try! I think I am going to order one online this weekend. I'm just curious to try it out. Seems gross - but practical.

Thanks - Kat

I love that this thread has turned into the Diva cup thread :D it was never meant to.
We can talk about other stuff on here too.... if you want....:rolleyes:

If you insist, Redpepper...

Has anyone heard about using garlic to ward of yeast infections? I have a friend that swears by it.

i had a love hate relationship with my diva cup. i could never get it in place right and i always worried about it leaking. :eek: Its a great idea and i wish i could have had better luck with it.

I've been considering getting a mooncup for some time now, i never used to have periods because of my PCOS but my body is starting to get itself back in order and because of that when i have my periods they last for a long time and they're really heavy and i'm sorry but £3 for a pack of 12 pads is
a) extortionate and b) awful when you think you've still got some left and then find you dont and wonder what the hell to do!

I cant use tampons just because they're so uncomfortable in me, i was worried something like that would be the case with the mooncup? Any experienced ladies here who have switched from tampons to cups?

However, you can have sex with it in

Really!?! I had a gyno exam a few weeks back and completely forgot to take my Diva cup out. HAHA! The Dr. asked me about it and I giggled. Didn't know you could have sex with it in too.

d1e93_menstrual-cup.jpg

I stopped having periods a couple years ago, thank gods. However, I am curious as to how one could have intercourse with a Diva Cup in. Doesnt that little poky thing at the bottom, well, poke at the penis?

d1e93_menstrual-cup.jpg

I stopped having periods a couple years ago, thank gods. However, I am curious as to how one could have intercourse with a Diva Cup in. Doesnt that little poky thing at the bottom, well, poke at the penis?

It just moves above or underneath the penis. You wouldn't want to be very agressive as it is more suited for slow rythmic intercourse. (Good time for lots of eye contact and kissing) Of course it's perfect for oral if some one is a bit sqeamish or not fluid bonded if you err..get my meaning :eek:

I think it's great this turned into a 5 page thread. The tampon/pad industry in the US makes a ton of profit basically extorting money from women every month and the whole scheme creates a huge amount of waste.

My last SO used one of the cups from Kukuppi in combination with washable cloth pads. Her cramps were greatly reduced or eliminated and it all worked fine, even when we were camping on the Baja peninsula.

These products must strike terror into the hearts of the greedy bastards at Kotex.

Immaterial

I am more curious about the Diva cup now - the pokey thing at the bottom sorta "scared" me away.

When I used a diaphragm as birth control - I would use it during my period to have clean sex. Loved it. Would love something similar - but will try the Diva Cup.

Commando in skirts!!!! WOOOHOOo! Ok I go commando most every time. Only time I don't is during my period. Or if my pants are too tight ;)

What I want to know - is who's had a brazillian -and how badly do they hurt???

I think it's great this turned into a 5 page thread. The tampon/pad industry in the US makes a ton of profit basically extorting money from women every month and the whole scheme creates a huge amount of waste.

My last SO used one of the cups from Kukuppi in combination with washable cloth pads. Her cramps were greatly reduced or eliminated and it all worked fine, even when we were camping on the Baja peninsula.

These products must strike terror into the hearts of the greedy bastards at Kotex.

Immaterial

These products strike terror in significant others too, if they have no idea what they are. I've gotten the :eek: look from some of them at first, because all they KNOW is about the mainstream stuff.

MBG... how about YOU get the brazillian and tell us all about it. I'm not convinced I'm quited THAT much of a masochist.

^I second that!

I can barely be arsed to shave my legs most of the time, let alone wax my pubes. At most I trim them using partner's beard trimmer, but generally I let it grow wild and free :D

I use cloth pads when I can. Unfortunately I bleed all in one day now and its to much to stay on top of at work, but when I'm at home I get on it. I rinse them and keep them in an old diaper bucket until the end of my period. They soak in borax until I put the whole lot on a spin cycle and then wash them. I've had the ones I made with my ex wife for about 15 years now.

As for Brazilians, bah... I just shave it all every day.

Last edited:
As for Brazilians, bah... I just shave it all every day.

I went thru a shaving era, but meh. Most of my lovers prefer hair, nicely trimmed. I guess I date hippies who like the fragrance and the soft texture. Most of them say, if it's your pussy, I like it, shaved or not. Just get it over here! lol

MBG, I used a diaphragm for YEARS. There arent too many of us!

Back