In the garden

Evie

Mod
Yep, we'd actually talked about deliberately doing just that! The reason why I described Friday's meal as spontaneous was we'd abandoned those plans earlier that day due to me feeling pretty yucky from the vaccine, but as I started to feel better in the evening, inspiration hit and our dinner plans just came together 😊

Evie

Mod
Hello Monday (yep, I know, I'm a day ahead of most of you).

Honestly, the whole of my weekend was a bit meh. Adam was working yesterday and I had a lot of good intentions to CLEAN ALL THE THINGS, but I ended up sitting on the couch doing almost nothing all day. Today, in contrast, is much better. I've been active on my distance learning platforms, I've vacuumed the kitchen, lounge and hallway, and after I talk with Puck shortly, I'm eyeing up the linen cupboard for a once over.
Yesterday, I did actually enjoy a Netflix ramble from "the minimalists" or whatever they market themselves as. There's no way in hell I'm ever turning Adam into a minimalist, but I reckon I can pare back some of my things.

Last time I was living away from home, I deliberately only took 5 "entertainment" things with me. I didn't even use all 5. So now's my time to try and dive deeper into just a couple of things. I've also deleted a number of apps off my phone, which means if I'm really looking for a distraction, I have to download a thing (which I then delete after I've finished the binge - case in point being Farm Heroes yesterday) or, god forbid, Kindle. Yes, I'm starting to learning to read books again.

Way back at the beginning of this blog, I introduced two of my fwbs (as they were then), Chalk and Cheese. Cheese posted yesterday that his beloved cat had passed away. I tried to contact him yesterday but he wasn't taking messages. He's been in touch today, so hopefully in his grief he didn't do anything terribly silly. He has a lot of problems with authority, alcohol, anger, etc. to the point that I don't actually want to spend time with him anymore, but I definitely wanted to offer him aroha over the passing of his cat. That cat was my hugest comfort when I met them, since I'd just left (moved out after 4.5+ years) my significant ex and his cat. Cheese's cat was so affectionate and helped me immensely. So hopefully I can have a wee chat with Cheese later today.

Last edited:

Evie

Mod
I did get to speak with Cheese, and I also returned to in person work. Both went better than I feared.

Also, the builder started the foundations for the new detached building in the back yard. It will be mostly Adam's study/library although I'll finally be able to unpack my books onto shelves, too. The waiting for this is almost over, yay!

Um, what else. Honestly, very little. Life is ticking along. I need to lose the lockdown weight. I hope there's enough money left over after the library is built that I can book tickets as soon as possible. But then, I doubt our borders will be opening any time soon so it's barely an issue. Hell, I'll probably get more things done around the property before I get to go to the States. This is a terrible time in modern history to be in a long distance relationship.

Evie

Mod
Yesterday didn't really turn out so well but today is ticking along alright, well, except for wanting to cleanse my eyeballs from that utter rubbish in the spirituality and polyamory thread right now.

I should really go to work and have some quality time with the photocopier. Sigh.

This morning, I was able to touch base with Puck (our phrase for a short video call) and he had a lot more energy than yesterday. That's a good thing since he has some pretty big meetings today as well as his anniversary with Iris. He's noted that all his anniversaries are in autumn (ours is in just under a month) and actually, I believe the main 4 are in order of meeting people, too. I think.

I'm just incredibly ready for him to really return to having the energy for our dynamic. I got a glimpse of it for a couple of weekends, but then it has disappeared again for the last two as life has gotten in the way. Each thing is certainly understandable, but I'm a little over it always impacting us. Still, I tell myself that I'm the one he wants to unload to about that rest of life stuff. That also has value in a relationship where communication IS the relationship. I listen to him, and he listens to me whenever I have big stuff going on, so it's not just a one way thing.

Right, photocopier time. Uuuuggggghhhhh.

Evie

Mod
So, I got sick. Dunno with what, but not Covid because there is no Covid in my community and whatever it is, it's responding very well to broad spectrum antibiotics. I was off work yesterday and am today. Might be for the rest of the week just to really get over whatever it is. Sometimes, I really just have to put my health truly first.

under_moonlight

Feel better!

Petunia

Staff member
So, I got sick. Dunno with what, but not Covid because there is no Covid in my community and whatever it is, it's responding very well to broad spectrum antibiotics. I was off work yesterday and am today. Might be for the rest of the week just to really get over whatever it is. Sometimes, I really just have to put my health truly first.
I hope you are on the mend.