Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm gender-variant and I vote no

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Magical brownies

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mmmm. engorgement. haha.

I think it's interesting how split the poll numbers are, both male and female.

Yes, I am really glad to get this information. For some reason I had thought men would say no, and women would say yes.

Hrmm this has really made me think. Masterbation can be so personal to just yourself or a wonderful experience together. Sex is something I feel that requires another person. As an abuse survivor I think that sex can be called many things but it must involve another person. I also think that its a personal choice. Sex with two people masterbating together is a shared personal experience..... is it sex? It is to me because you are not alone. One thing about masterbation is that you are in control of your own pleasure and your own body. You know what you like and how to do it. Sex is a give and take. Sex can involve masterbation but I dont think it can be the other way around.

To throw in my two cents, I think it has a lot to do with intent.

For example, in my mind it is possible to masturbate using someone else's body. If you are only completely focussed on your own orgasm, to me, that's masturbation. The fact that you're using your hand or someone else's body to accomplish this is irrelevent.

On the flip side, my gf & I have recently taken to masturbating together, that is, I am masturbating and she is masturbating, together on the bed, lying next to each other. Now that is fun and sex to me!

As far as operating the machinery completely on my own, I find that it very much depends on my thoughts & mood whether I consider it masturbation or sex. If my goal is purely relief, then it's masturbation. If I'm thinking about one of my gfs, missing them, I think of it more as sex but it's still really masturbation.

To throw in my two cents, I think it has a lot to do with intent.

For example, in my mind it is possible to masturbate using someone else's body. If you are only completely focussed on your own orgasm, to me, that's masturbation. The fact that you're using your hand or someone else's body to accomplish this is irrelevent.

On the flip side, my gf & I have recently taken to masturbating together, that is, I am masturbating and she is masturbating, together on the bed, lying next to each other. Now that is fun and sex to me!

I agree with the above.

Sorry, I was out of town when this thread was started, so I'm just reading it now...

Maybe it's my Vanillaness or a definition thing, but I was under the impression that cumming and orgasm were the same, just different names. Do please share your thoughts on the subject. I'm always interested in learning new things and broadening my horizons. (honest request, no sarcasm either) ;)

Oh my. You poor, deprived person! No no no, cumming and orgasm are not the same thing at ALL! My husband is multi-orgasmic, but once he ejaculates, that's it, he's done. But Tantra allows you to experience full-body orgasms that make the usual "cervical contraction orgasm" / "male ejaculation orgasm" feel like little more than a tickle.

Now in my vernacular, "coming" and "orgasm" are the same thing, but both different from "cumming" which refers to ejaculation. Now as a matter of unfortunate fact relating to the repressed sexual lives of most people, these events tend not to happen one without the other. But believe you me, it is possible, and it is amazing and wonderful.

And then there's female ejaculation, but that's a whole different discussion entirely...

Maybe I am separating the term for my own use. But personally I can cum...which is like peeing. It happens, I am dont, "take it and go"...

I orgasm and its a totally different effect and use. Its not just a functional release of "something"...its an experience :)

For me they feel and react totally differently in my body.

Can't say I have quite the same explanation-but I do differentiate orgasm and cumming.
They can happen simultaneously for me, but don't necessarily.
When I'm stimulated by someone orally I tend to orgasm much harder but there isn't a lot of fluid released. It gets so intense I can't stand it, resulting in screams and writhing from the sensitivity.

On the other hand, when I'm stimulated just right by hand, I can soak whatever is under me (which I would define as cumming), over and over and over. It's not as intense a sensation, but it still feels magnificently wonderful.

I'll take

MoltenChocolateCake-300.jpg

personally. Pengrah is a pastry chef and makes a kille molten lava cake

OMG that looked good!
Tell Pengrah that I am DYING to come up there and taste some of her chef'ing. ;)
(cooking just seemed a lame way to put it)

LOL

I just read this thread question....Not any of the responses.

Anyway, I voted "I'm a man and no". I voted this way because there is no penetration, and no chance of the woman (if a woman is involved) getting pregnant.

Now, my wife, instantly said "yeah it is". HUH?!?! She says it provides the same basic relief, so therefore it could be construed as sex.

Can't say I have quite the same explanation-but I do differentiate orgasm and cumming.
They can happen simultaneously for me, but don't necessarily.
When I'm stimulated by someone orally I tend to orgasm much harder but there isn't a lot of fluid released. It gets so intense I can't stand it, resulting in screams and writhing from the sensitivity.

On the other hand, when I'm stimulated just right by hand, I can soak whatever is under me (which I would define as cumming), over and over and over. It's not as intense a sensation, but it still feels magnificently wonderful.

Hot.

And then there's female ejaculation, but that's a whole different discussion entirely...
That could be a 100 page thread all by it's self! LOL ;)

I just received a long write up about that subject. All about HOW to achieve that spectacular event. ;)

That could be a 100 page thread all by it's self! LOL ;)

I just received a long write up about that subject. All about HOW to achieve that spectacular event. ;)

Its a fantastic experience. I introduced one of my ex'es to the possibility. I still remember the look on her face when got to that point. Very cool thing to be able to pull off. :) More for her than me, for the next few months of our "relationship" we played with anything and everything to make it bigger and bigger, trying to compete with ourselves for distance...

yep, good times :)

I just started a new thread, so if you want to C+P that post, Ari, and add it to the new thread, I'd appreciate it.

I'm going with sex, and sometimes quite enjoyable sex.

How bout phone sex, internet sex etc? Sex, or not sex?

Anotherbo :)

IMO, yes. Cyber or phone sex is sex.

Think about if you were mono and you found out your spouse was sexting w another person. Would you be upset? Jealous? There's a thread here where even a poly man was upset when his wife had phone sex with someone.

IMO, yes. Cyber or phone sex is sex.

Think about if you were mono and you found out your spouse was sexting w another person. Would you be upset? Jealous? There's a thread here where even a poly man was upset when his wife had phone sex with someone.

Right you are Magdlyn. That's grounds for divorce where I came from. And the one saying get out would be the "good guy".

Yeah, I have a relative, a woman, who found out not only was her supposedly mono husband cybersexing, he was sending nude pix of himself to someone. That's sex! That's cheating, in my book, altho some will disagree.

Yeah, I have a relative, a woman, who found out not only was her supposedly mono husband cybersexing, he was sending nude pix of himself to someone. That's sex! That's cheating, in my book, altho some will disagree.

agreed.

Back