Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Its great to just live the life, isn't it? Live and just be an example. It's hard to do that on a forum, as its all talk, really. But in real life, I feel like such a good example of what is spoken about often here.

Yes, this exactly! The experience can be so very different from the theoretical, can't it?

Yes, this exactly! The experience can be so very different from the theoretical, can't it?
That is one of the biggest surprises I've had. I thought I had it all worked out from reading the books at my disposal at the time. Only once I started actually trying it did stuff become clear to me. The end result turned out differently, but significantly better than I could have ever imagined. Guess I'm a "learn by doing" type! *laughs*

I love my man Mono. He fixed a door for me. I feel love from people when they do stuff I can't/won't do for myself. He is walking around all proud and I am lovin' him up!

Rolling into a new year has brought a huge amount of change into my life and the life of my chosen family. We are learning more and more about each other and are looking forward to the next steps and stages in our adventure. My love for Redpepper continues to grow and the bond between us all has become more and more obvious. I am simply thankful to be sharing in her life :)

I love my man Mono... he fixed a door for me. I feel love from people when they do stuff I can't/won't do for myself. He is walking around all proud and I am lovin' him up!

Mono said:
Rolling into a new year has brought a huge amount of change into my life and the life of my chosen family. We are learning more and more about each other and are looking forward to the next steps and stages in our adventure. My love for Redpepper continues to grow and the bond between us all has become more and more obvious. I am simply thankful to be sharing in her life

You guys are absolutely drowning in NRE. :) We may be forced to send in advance life support!

It's sooo cute.

So happy for you both!

GS

I love my man Mono. He fixed a door for me. I feel love from people when they do stuff I can't/won't do for myself. He is walking around all proud and I am lovin' him up!

I so relate to this! I wrote elsewhere about having a bit of an epiphany moment when I realized that, for what may be the first time in my life, there is someone I can count on 100% to be there when I need something. It can be something as simple as a door to be fixed (or the window or the heater or the car), or as complex as just bringing his calming energy into my world when the chaos feels out of control. It really does make me feel loved, and that is such a wonderous thing! It seems to bring a feeling of compersion to know that others, even those not connected directly to me, share that experience.

Thanks for all the well wishes from our friends in celebrating a milestone on the most amazing journey I have ever been on. After a year of hard-fought understanding and exhaustive communication, Redpepper, her family, and I have become closer than any of us would have expected in such a short time.

Redpepper is the most trusted and connected person I have had in my life. This does not take away from others in my life, but she has seen, heard and supported me through the darkest of realities.mHer love is more a force than an emotion. It is unyielding and forgiving. It is a radiance that has blessed me and will always be a part of me. It is infinite. There is no one as attuned to my energy and emotions as her.

So much of my personal awareness and new discoveries can be directly attributed to the challenges we have shared. She has contributed to my becoming more aware, more compassionate and more accepting of people and approaches to life. Sometimes she walked with me gently, sometimes she put her foot in my ass. Everything she did was out of love for me. I try to do everything for her out of love, as well, even though my limits and requirements may appear as though I don't.

We fought hard and we certainly have loved even harder.

We are ready to face the challenges of our future, to achieve more, be more and stand up more in the way we do.

Thanks Lilo. Looking forward to updating this after our next anniversary. I love you.

Hey. I'm going along. I get to start walking on the treadmill today. (It's too icy to go outside to walk right now unless someone is with me.) 15 minutes at a time and no running. But at least it's a start! Before the surgery I was up to 1 mile running (sort of) at a time, took me 11 min. 47 sec.
Gotta start out slower for now. Not that my previous time was fast! :eek: But it was progress. I was walking (outside, all different terrains) at a 13-14 minute mile pace for 8 miles. That was kick-butt compared to where I was when I hit 216 lbs. I'm down to 156 now. YIPPEE.

Tomorrow I go in to see the doctor so that they can check my incision. If it's all good then I can remove the bandage and they will remove the steri strips. THAT will mean I can take a shower without trying to keep it dry AND I can also go to the swimming pool and start doing stretching exercises for my arms and shoulders and neck. No weights, just stretching exercises.

Mostly I personally am hoping I can start stretching my neck to try and relieve the sensation of someone having their hands wrapped around my throat.

Last night, Redpepper and I attended a BDSM event. This was my second time going and I went collared and leashed, as is my preference. This is about sending a clear signal for me. I am hers.

This night represented the culmination of many dynamics and was highly emotionally charged and challenging. We looked deep into our hearts on our anniversary and questioned our future, which left us raw. Her husband has a relationship that was moving toward consummation, her tertiary found a new partner and sub who was also going to the event, and she was going to dom a friend of ours for the first time.

This morning was one of those days where you wake up and say "everything is still fine; we are all good."

Redpepper, Polynerdist and I got together for coffee to chat about our night and what we were feeling. It was rejuvenating and felt like a new birth, a new page in our story.

We had a good night. It pushed us and reminded us that we are a very fortunate chosen family.

Peace and love,
Mono

P.S. Redpepper rocked as a dom, by the way! She stood out among the crowd, not just in the sound of her tools against my bare ass, but as a strong and confident presence. I don't know why she puts up with this vanilla cracker.

Last edited:
Last night, I went to pick Redpepper up for the night, as is the usual routine for us. Before leaving, Polynerdist and I spent an hour discussing topics ranging from the building blocks of relationships and why we have achieved the things we have in the last year, to the origin of good and evil! We have a lot of similar thought patterns and some differing views that stimulate us both to explore new ideas. I feel we are truly more than friends, or merely held together by our common link in Redpepper. There is a brotherly bond I feel towards him which only adds to my belief that no matter what hand life deals us, we will all be a part of each other's lives from here on.

Redpepper and I attended a workshop on sex today. It was not on sexuality but actual hardcore, no boundaries, raw sex talk and how to ask for what you wanted. About twenty people were there, some of whom we knew and others we did not. It was amazing to see how open people were just because we understood what the workshop was about and that we were in a safe environment to share.

There were exercises where you essentially walked up to a person in the room and asked for a very specific sexual act. The objective was to see how we felt when answering these questions with yes, no, maybe, and how about. At first we were asked to respond a certain way, regardless of our real answer. Obviously this would have made my answer easy, LOL-- NO, NO, NO! Anyway, it pushed us a little and was somewhat liberating to just look at someone and say, "Want to go for a walk and eat each other?" I know Redpepper enjoyed pushing her partners, as well. She is so naughty.

We also did exercises with food, where we could ask to be fed or to feed people certain fruit. The energy built up in the room and it gave us a non-threatening environment to see how sharing this with other people made us feel.

We had a great time, learned some new stuff and reinforced some old things.

After that we met Polynerdist at a gathering of his peers from a local interest group and all had supper. It was funny to have one woman tell Redpepper that she had it all figured out when I said I would be taking their son home and babysitting so they could spend some time together and go have some fun! She didn't know exactly what our dynamic was and I wonder what her response would have been if she did!

Tonight I will sleep over with my chosen family, wake up and hang out with Redpepper and her son as Polynerdist sleeps in, and then it's off for a visit with another chosen family in the evening.

Life really is pretty good in a lot of ways. This is, in fact, my life now. Thanks, Redpepper and Polynerdist. I love you both. :D

Peace and love,
Mono

I don't know how well I could handle that environment in my life NOW. But it's awesome reading about it when you write it!

I was talking to Maca today and he shocked the crap out of me. For years I've been saying I REALLY want to go on vacation to a clothing optional resort. Today he told me he wants to actually PLAN that. My jaw dropped and I think I got wet. :eek:

Seriously though, Mono, you three inspire me. :)

XO

After recently joining this forum (already in a poly relationship with 2 ladies) I cant believe I've been gripped on reading 28 pages of amazing posts.
Wow. This is a real show that poly can and does work.

One of my gfs is mono and it's been reassuring to see that mono can also work in a poly family. It's certainly left me with a lot to think about. I've often searched for a model to base my own relationship on. It's been great to find such relationship.

Wishing you all the luck in the future. Congrats getting this far.

Mono, this sounds like some wonderful experiences. I am so glad that you have a dynamic which suits you so very well. You ehar so many horror stories of polymono relationships being just a lot of work and no joy - it's nice to see another positive example.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for sharing your latest, Mono. It's always great to hear how you are all doing. It's a great thing to see, when people are willing to take chances like you all have, work hard and come out on the brighter side of things. I know all too well it's a tremendously hard journey. You three continue to set a great example, and a high bar for all of us to aspire to. Well done, friends!

Back